July is Parks Make Life Better
All month long - FREE activities!
Check the calendar below for dates and times & click on an activity for details.
This July, join us at Santa Cruz County parks, beaches, trails, programs and at the Simpkins Family Swim Center to celebrate Parks Make Life Better Month. Challenge yourself to visit the more than 60 parks, beaches and coastal access points County Parks has to offer! But first, mark your calendars for the activities listed below - all FREE, and designed just for YOU! Activities with an * require advance registration. **Contact the Santa Cruz County Clerk at 454-2060 for more information on the Vows at Valencia event.
Below are some suggestions for additional activities to do in July Is Parks Make Life Better Month!
- Hike through Quail Hollow Ranch and discover each of the 13 distinct habitats
- Explore the creek trail behind Polo Grounds Park
- Take a County Parks public art tour. There are art installations at many County Parks in addition to art exhibitions at the Government Center (County collection floors 2-5 and atrium and rotating exhibitions floors 1 and 5) and at Simpkins Family Swim Center.
- Play Pickleball at Brommer Street Park and Willlowbrook Park
- Play Bocce Ball at Felt Street Park and Heart of Soquel Park
- Birdwatch at Pinto Lake County Park
- Take a stroll along East Cliff Parkway, with full views of the Monterey Bay Sanctuary and the infamous surf spot at Pleasure Point
- Dip your toes in the San Lorenzo River at Highlands Park
- Geocaching - We’re told that there are at least two caches at Santa Cruz County Parks locations in the Aptos area. Can you find more?
- Look for fish and/or banana slugs near the creek at Aptos Village Park
- Go back in time and visit the historic Felton Covered Bridge, considered the tallest covered bridge in the United States. California Registered Historical Landmark No. 583 and National Register of Historic Places No. 73000451
- Discover 23 coastal access points along the expansive coastline in Santa Cruz County (*trying to confirm this number)
- Grab a skateboard and visit the skate parks at Highlands, Jose Avenue and Felt Street Parks
- Take a walk/ get your steps in at the walking tracks at Aldridge Lane, Anna Jean Cummings, Polo Grounds, Seascape, Pinto Lake County, Felton Covered Bridge and Quail Hollow Ranch Parks