Group Picnic & Barbecue Facilities
Facilities Office Hours and Contact Information
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Santa Cruz County Parks has a variety of group picnic areas with barbecue facilities that can accommodate family reunions, birthday parties, company outings and organization picnics.
Select your favorite site and reserve it for your event. Check availability, keeping in mind that there is only one booking per date and online reservations are not available. Download the picnic application form and conditions of use information, and return, with the reservation fees, to the County Parks office at 979 17th Avenue Santa Cruz, CA 95062 (in the Simpkins Family Swim Center). You may also phone-in reservations up to one week prior to the event. Jump houses are only available for use at a few parks with our required permit requested at the time of the picnic reservation only. These parks are by reservation only: Anna Jean Picnic Area A, Brommer Park Picnic Area, and Pinto Lake Park Picnic Areas A and B. Or with the required permit for drop-in use for groups of 30 persons maximum (including children) at Scott Park in Watsonville or Felton Covered Bridge Park in Felton. Insurance is required with a jump house, otherwise insurance is not required; however be sure to read the Agreement to Hold Harmless.
Anna Jean Cummings Park has a group picnic area with a large covered pavilion area and barbecue grills that can be rented for two smaller picnics (50 persons maximum each side) or combined for a large group (100 persons maximum). It is close to state of the art playgrounds. Book early to get a space at this popular spot. The picnic pavilion is available as a reservable group picnic & barbeque facility 7 days a week!
Brommer Street Park has a covered pavilion picnic area and barbecue grill available by reservation for a group with 50 persons maximum. The picnic area is located near an abundant grassy area, playground and a basketball/tennis court. The softball field is available by reservation.
Pinto Lake County Park has identical covered pavilions with grills and electricity that will each accommodate 100 persons maximum. Pavilion A is near the playground and Pavilion B is near the baseball field. The pavilions are available as a reservable group picnic & barbeque facility 7 days a week!
As of January 1, 2016 a $50.00 deposit will be required per picnic reservation at Pinto Lake Park in addition to the rental fees. Refunds are contingent upon completion of the picnic permit terms and conditions of use. Refunds may be forfeited for the nonpermitted use of portable bbq's and cookstoves (i.e. propane stoves, comal pozo/discos) and the disposal of cooking oil at the park (including garbage receptacles). No charcoal, ash, or cooking oil disposal on park property.
Other important information about reserving a Group Picnic or Barbecue Facility:
- Mechanical bucking broncos and other motorized activities are not permitted.
- Jump Houses require a $50 fee and use is only available in the reservable group picnic areas, except on Side B at Anna Jean Cummings Park. Upon request we can provide a list of vendors who have their insurance on file with the Parks office per the county insurance requirements. Anna Jean Picnic Area A, and the Pinto Lake Picnic Areas have electricity provided. Brommer Park, Scott Park and Felton Covered Bridge Park requires the use of a generator.
- Alcohol consumption is not permitted in the County Parks outdoor facilities.
- Portable barbecues and cookstoves (i.e. propane camp stoves, comal pozo/disco) are not permitted. Taco cart vendors require approval from our office. No charcoal, ash, or cooking oil disposal on park property, including garbage receptacles.
- *Please note: As of March 1, 2013 and until further notice, the group picnic areas at Highlands Park are not available as reservable facilities. Drop-in use any day at Highlands Park is allowed on a first-come, first-served basis for groups no larger than 30 people including children. This policy is subject to change. Jump houses and music are not permitted.